Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Fun

Well since our church isn't until 1:00 we got to enjoy our Easter morning a bit more leasurely. The kids had a good time searching for their Easter Baskets and eating lots of candy. Then we all got dressed up in our new clothes. Unfortunatly Matt has been sick with the stomach flu so he will be in bed most of the day. Church was very nice and I enjoyed the hymns about the ultimate sacrifice of our Savior. The music is always the most important part for me, it touches my heart when just plain words might not. I made a point to ask my kids if they know why we celebrate Easter and they knew it was because of Jesus.
After Sacrament meeting we went over to my mom's house for Easter dinner (Ham, rolls, fruit salad, pasta salad, green salad, some yummy blueberry jello salad, and brownies and Girl Scout cookies to round it out.) The kids had an Easter egg hunt in Grandma's backyard and then we got to visit while the kids ran around outside. Thanfully the weather was just warm enough for that. Beautiful Easter all around.


4 comments:

Nichole said...

Why is grandmas fence gone?? It's been a while since I've been there.

Nichole said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Easter! Cute outfits!

Susan Catmull said...

The fence blew over in the summer or fall when there was a big windstorm.

Sarah Lee said...

How do you get pictures of people w/o them noticing? I always try, but it seems like they notice faster than I can get the pic. I didn't even know you got me in a pic with faye and keenan.