Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Time-translation-Treats and Fun!

It's that "SPOOKY" day and I've been frantically making things the last few days to make a "good presentation" as I would say. I think I'm addicted to quotation marks. LOL Anyway, I decorated some candy jars. I used the cute new kit called "Treats Only" by Meredith Cardall. Jump over to her blog if you want the instructions for some of these items.

I also used the same kit to make the tags for my boys treat bags for their classroom parties. Why do I torture myself. I was up making their stuff when I could be relaxing. It's what I love to do I think- well sometimes.
Meredith has some super cute bottle wraps but I also found some on Fayette's Designs. I used the Witches Brew ones from Fayette since I needed to bring some soda to my kids classes anyway. I just ripped off the labels and put on my own fun ones. Check out Fayette's blog with some of these freebies.
My other project that I started about a month ago was a Halloween Tree. I knew I wanted to make a tree of some sorts and I saw a big corkscrew willow branch on the ground on the first part of my daily walk. On the last leg of my hour walk I found a peice of plywood just lying in the road. So as soon as I got home I jumped in the car and went and picked up the branch and then the plywood (it was already in the small square perfect for what I needed) Then I got some wood glue and a long wood screw and hooked the branch to the wood. I then used some glossy black spray paint and this is how it turned out.
How I love free things.
I bought some small skeletons to hang on it. I also have a cute Halloween kit by Fayette that I plan on using some of the elements for the ornaments. But since it's Halloween already I'm not sure if I'll have time in between running to the store for last minute candy for classes, helping with kids class parties, getting all dressed up in my witch costume,etc. We will see I guess.
So if you don't have money to buy decorations use your imagination and make some. I have a few other branches I collected and I wanted to paint one bright purple and the other bright green but didn't get to that project this year. Maybe I'll use them at Christmastime and paint them white or something.  
So may your Halloween be crafty!
 I hope it's full of Treats and not so many Tricks.

1 comment:

Goofy Gals Scrappin' said...

You always have the cutest ideas!!