Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thrifty Christmas Gifts



Well we don't have a lot of money this Christmas season so we decided to make gifts that I had all the ingredients right here at home. For my boys friends I decorated some small almond cans with each boys name on it and then filled it with gummy worms (a can of worms)I didn't get a pic of that. Then for my daughters friends I happened to have some big wooden clothespins in my scrapbooking stash, that we painted and put glittered letters for their names. Then I picked a photo of them and mounted on cute paper. There you have it - instant photo holders. For the ladies I visit teach (and for my husbands families he visits) I decided to use my Cricut and some vinyl that a friend gave me. I purchaces glass blocks over a year ago that I never used and decided now was the time. I also had left over ribbon to use for the glass block project. The only thing I purchased to finish these things were the gummy worms and they were only $1.50 a bag. I love a good bargain.

1 comment:

Sarah Lee said...

most kids have so much crap, homemade gifts are usually cuter and with girls Sydney's age, they probably like them better too. With all the stuff you've kept over the years you could probably do a couple christmas' for free!