Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What to use?

OK. I need some advise. I have been digital scrapbooking for a while and I just use the TLC LifeTimez software to do it. I import a lot of stuff that I download and that works. I know there is more software out there that will let me do more stuff but I'm wondering what the bests ones are and what the costs are. And since I'm not that great with the technical stuff I need to know what software takes a tons of training to use or if I should stick with LifeTimez.
I'd love some help in deciding.

Here is the poster I made for a church party. I will be using the same elements to make invitations for about 60 people.
I almost forgot to say"Way to go NEW YORK GIANTS"
I use to live in New York when I was a nanny many years ago. So I think I'm obligated to cheer for them. You also might be surprised to know I was a football manager in college. It was ton's of fun.

2 comments:

Krystal Hartley said...

Well, I'm a big fan of Photoshop Elements for those who want to learn it...it's affordable and very powerful. However, I think that Paint Shop Pro might be easier to learn and also affordable. I don't use it, so I can't be for certain.

Cute poster!!

RealRach said...

I have Photoshop creative suite 2
(PSCS2) It a handful but I got it for my photo editing. I would think (PSE) Photoshop Elements would be great for you. I had that in the past and loved it but when I took my photography up a notch I went for the big guns and I got a great deal on the program thru a class I took. More than 60% off so I was crazy not to get it at that price.

I would say, do some research and if you can, find a retail place that will allow you some hands on. Best Buys are usually really great about helping you and working with you on software.
Then start asking. I have heard of this program called Adsee (I think that is the name) the reviews have been great for that program and I believe you can get a free trial. So that might the route to go. See who has free trials of software too?! Just a thought.

Gosh...sorry you asked now? I wrote a book. Let me know you have more questions or want some help with PS. I would be more than happy to get you started. It took me forever to figure it out because I just didn't 'get it'. I am no master but I can move around to do the Basics. And I am happy with that!