Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hybrid Notebooks

Well yesterday I made some personalized notebooks for my kids to take back to school. I had to use some of my newest digital kits.
For Sydney's I used the the Blue paper, black border and circle embellies from Kim Jensen's Garden Pop- week 1 at Funky Playground Designs.I used blk and wht paper by Donna Lebrun, Skull and crossbones a freebie "Tatoo Art" from Krystal Hartley. Both the acrylic wings and the black ribbon are from Krystal Hartley's "Energetic" kit. Down and Dirtly Super black alpha by ZPern and the pink polka dot alpha is a freebie "Doodle of Summer" by Chere Nordstrand. I also used a white flower and brad from Making Memories and some pink bling. Inked the edges.For Nick's I used Krystal Hartley's kit the "Sky is Falling" - week 1 Teachers pet contest at Funky Playground Designs. I also used Krystals Sew Sweet Alpha the white frame from Krystal's kit "Energetic". The font is Earwig. I added assorted ribbon, brads, eyelets and a small and med white tag. I used a Making Memories apoxy flower with green floss and inked the edges. For Josh's I used all paper and elements from Amy Sumrall's kit Hoos Funky week 1 of Teachers Pet at Funky Playground Designs. I added the white alpha "Winter Melody by She's Full of Scrap. Lilly Black alpha and Brown ribbon. And inked the edges with StaysOn brown ink.

3 comments:

Shelley Moore said...

Susan - I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these notebooks! They are just awesome! Your kids will be the coolest at school!

Anonymous said...

Susan, these look great! You've inspired me to try it! Would you share more details on the how-to??? What kind of paper and adhesive and such?

Susan Catmull said...

I printed them on photo paper and just used regular adhesive. I really should have used mod podge so it's protected from the wetness of grubby hands- but I just wanted to get them done quick.