Friday, August 15, 2008

The Job Quest Begins


Well I have officially begun my search for a job. Times are getting tough and our health insurance (self employed) went up to $866 a month. We just can't swing that but we won't go without insurance either. We have our rental houses, but the rents cover the mortgage and it would be really dumb to sell right now with the market so down. My poor hubby has been bustin his butt to get more income but it's just not happening- He's working more but making less. He's a mortgage broker and a Real Estate agent so that area is not picking up anytime soon. So I decided since my youngest will start 1st grade on Monday that I better go get a job. But I will only get one that I can work around their school. So 8 or 9am-3pm mon-fri is my goal and something with insurance. I am so blessed to have friend and family that are sending me leads and ideas daily. I just don't want my kids to miss out on having a mom at home when they get home from school. I feel sad that I won't be able to help in their classes and see them grow and develop at school as I have been doing. I hope this is just a very temporary thing- but you never know. So I guess wish me luck and say a prayer that I can find the right job to fit my schedule.

PS: I used a fun little circle clay element from Krystal Hartley to go on my resume. I had to add some character to a boring sheet of paper!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Have you thought about applying for a job through Jordan School district? My mother-in-law works for them full time and LOVES it!!

Dawn G. said...

I hear ya! I'm looking for a part time job in the granite district so I can also be on my kids schedule. Autumn is only going in Kindergarten so I hope I can find something. We need it for gas and food, The prices just keep getting higher and higher!!! Good luck to you and me...

Sarah Lee said...

Sorry, i was too lazy to ever do the tag... I haven't been looking at people's blogs very often lately. Good luck with the job search... I agree with Nichole finding a job in the school dist might work out well, but having worked for Granite School dist, I know you have to go through a bit of a process to get hired.